Friday, March 23, 2012

Now that we are here, please leave a comment!

Over the past two weeks I have been trying to find a way to make the Advantage 1 blog more interactive and I am hoping that everyone agrees that this is a great solution!

So, please feel free to leave a comment or even pose a question you may have!

What I want to talk to you about today is the way technology has changed our world, in many ways for the better but in some areas (customer service), it feels (maybe just to me) that some things have changed for the worst with all of the technology available.

In no way am I advocating we get rid of the advances in technology, in fact I am quite addicted to many of them. What I am saying is that there needs to be a balance in some areas where technology is not relied on so heavily or if it needs to be, to refine it to be the easiest most efficient way to interact!

For example, how does it make you feel when you drive up to the local drive thru and the words coming out of the clerks mouth are less recognizable than Boomhauer of King of the Hill? I get extremely frustrated in these situations wondering if the fancy wireless headset they are trying to figure out is the problem or is it that the clerk is typically not used to actually speaking because all of their communication is done via text, facebook or twitter? Either way the resulting communication is hard to deal with and is most likely attributed to technology of some form!

Secondly, what about the auto customer service phone systems? I am sure for a companies bottom line these are the most cost effective, seeing how they will never sign up for the benefit package or create a large work comp claim! But, have the CEO's of these major organizations ever called one? I don't know about for you, but whenever I seem to call one and try and follow the prompts when they ask me a question, I continually get the response, "I am sorry I did not understand what you said" and I wonder if the lady with such an automated voice understands anything?

So, what are we to do in today's society where the need for speed and efficiency are so great but the technology created to make communication so much "better" is the core problem in breaking communication down? In some industries where the purchase is one you would probably consider insignificant, most likely, although you are very annoyed it won't affect your buying decision greatly. What about those significant purchases, cars, homes, financial items, insurance, etc.? Do you want to talk to Boomhauer until you are transferred to the automated woman? Or, better yet, at what cost savings (if any) would it be worth it to you to deal only with today's technology based customer service rather than a living, breathing human?

Please share as we at Advantage 1 Insurance would love to hear what it takes for you to put up with the hassle! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Please visit our website at www.advantageoneins.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/advantageoneins

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I don't like those automated incoming telemarketing calls either! You can always tell because of the delay when you say 'hello'.

    ReplyDelete